Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

Maybe this will not have a huge impact if the latest ideas with the dropshadow be implemented.

2 Likes

Concerning Rubbish bin color (luxamman in Mochkups): This color (purple) is also used for images containing software and probably more. So using red for emptying bin makes sense but the question remains for other messages. (I personally like the color very much ā€“ probably more so than the very cool blueā€¦)

Again: Also consider backdrop states. Here the inactive button is way too bright to my taste. Probably just using no background (or a transparent one) as proposed by galgalesh in git #119 circumvents such issues.

The inactive button (like restore in trash with no item selected) doesnā€™t look right to me in active windows either. Maybe as a general rule colors should only be desaturated not changed in brightness which can lead to stronger contrasts (ā€œEmptyā€ in backdrop has much more contrast to the background (and much harsher/clearer borders) than ā€œRunā€ in active window). Sorry for nitpicking, but details and consistency is probably the only areas where this theme is lacking. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I used the original ubuntu.css to make transparent bar with orange outline. The dashboard style is from communitheme.

You can look at this desing. I think its good.

1 Like

Thanks @marcosaillard

These mockup s are created to inspire friends who develop the community theme
Creating a theme from scratch alone requires tiring and time. So Iā€™m not sure.
Although not a community theme, you may be able to find these themes on the Internet in the future.

Probably the Suru icons wonā€™t change.
also sorry English is not my main language.

2 Likes

It seems it is unwise to keep border-bottom thickness in all elements. What works on breadcrumbs may not work other elements. Provided we are taking suggestions from those mockups. Most of them could do with a thinner border-bottom.

Hello Iā€™ve noticed a slight problem in the Suru icon theme.
Iā€™ve done a small video about that small issue. Like this you could have a better overview of that problem.

the problem of brightness is linked to the ā€œalmostā€ transparent color of a Text files in Nautilus, when you click on them. The default colour of the background is White, but the icons Text Files as well become white and the small Grey lines disappear and then you almost donā€™t seem them.

This isnā€™t a Suru issue. Thereā€™s a fix coming: IMHO the icon shouldnā€™t change, only the label. And after the LTS hopefully the icon background will be colored.

2 Likes

There is a step here still under the activities text and

!
There still this gap at the top.
This is only an issue in the Ubuntu-Community-theme login. It is perfect under the ubuntu login .

Capture du 2018-02-03 14-31-26Capture du 2018-02-03 14-31-00.
Is it possible to switch to this Ubuntu logo (right picture instead of the actual one (left picture) ?
On the right image the Ubuntu logo is circled with orange with a white background which gives a more intuitive and visible logo. The users would click more easily on that type logo. We canā€™t get mixed up, no?

1 Like

We can replace this logo icon. But in my opinion itā€™s not good idea, because itā€™s look bad. Icon from left picture looks neatly bicause this icon itā€™s not big, and not small.

3 Likes

Agreed! Besides the former fits in with the default theme better.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t really a theme issue but i was thinking that with icons being placed on the desktop on the left and having the Ubuntu dock on the left hand side it can get very busy and visually cluttered. I was wondering if moving the icons by default to the right might be more aesthetically pleasing .

1 Like

As for the cursor theme, are we moving to Ubuntu Orange from the current blue icons in Github ?

For now, the cursor theme is just a suggestion and not part of the community theme until it receives the ā€œblessingā€ from the other team members.

I donā€™t think so :thinking: What left you with that impression? Is there something that Iā€™ve missedā€¦

1 Like

Since most elements are using Ubuntu Orange, I thought that will be adopted to cursor theme as well

What is this icon in the top left corner of Nautilus?

I donā€™t have it in my version.
Sorry for the silly question, but I am trying to figure out what differences can lead to this issue

@madsrh I was hoping to see a gnomish orb like this for the cursor theme

first off i thought you were talking about the chrome icon lol . Iā€™m on ubuntu 17.10 and gnome 3.26.2 and its on settings, files, terminal, software, cheese and probably more apps. I dont know what its called. I reinstalled from 18.04 but the issue was still there when i left 18.04.

Its in tweak tool "attach Modal Dialogs . I turn it of and logged out . No change.
I just checked adwaita theme and its fine no issue but adwaita dark there is a line from top to bottom.

Would the header bar on adwaita be slightly wider ?
I have figured out that the step is part of the dock . On auto hide i can see it slide in and out with the dock.

@c-lobrano do you know if thereā€™s an issue for this button?

screenshot

I dont like them either . They are not very clear. On mine its only in software.