Who will take-up the challenge?

For a while now I’m looking for a way to get that “Ugly focus-ring” out of the way in our new fabulous Yaru theme. Knowing it’s important for accessibility/ usability, I was wondering if there is a way to enable/ disable it with an ON/OFF
switch :wink:
To make the story short, I stumbled on an article with a solution that might help with that idea… :

Removing that ugly :focus ring (and keeping it too)
"You click a button and see a blue border telling you that you’ve clicked on something that you know perfectly well you’ve just clicked on — because you just clicked on it. "

"But hold on a minute, what about those users that don’t/can’t use a pointing device? They might be tabbing around the page to focus particular elements — and now they can’t tell which element is currently focused. "

Anyone? - at least from that article it looks pretty feasible to achieve…

I guess unless our target platform does not change to touchscreen, keyboard-less environments this won’t happen. You need some indication if you work with the tab-key or with the arrow keys

1 Like

You probably didn’t have time to read it… :smile:
The idea in short : let it appear only when it needed - including the code of how to achieve that…

Anyone? - at least from that article it looks pretty feasible to achieve…

it’s interesting. On web interfaces selection ring is often even worse than ours :smiley:
It is feasible, but on software side (gtk or probably application software), not on a theme

1 Like

Yeah, I know :smile:
I suspected it’s not a theme-side config, that’s the reason I opened the topic under desktop and not under our theme-topic … Yes, interesting indeed.

2 Likes