• Konqueror
  • Midori
  • Mozilla firefox
  • Opera
  • Tor
  • Vivaldi
  • Yandex

0 voters

This is an unofficial poll. The purpose of this poll is to know the most using web browser on Ubuntu.

At the time of posting, Firefox is the clear leader in the poll. Is it the best, everyone’s favourite or do people just use it as it’s installed as the default browser on most of Ubuntu’s flavours?

Personally, I prefer Chromium or Google Chrome but I voted for Firefox as it has better synchronisation between my numerous browser installations on both PCs and mobile phones than the competition.

I’d vote Firefox but I’ve stopped using it because it freezes my whole system after an hour or so of browsing. I’ve noticed this since I installed an SSD in my laptop.

Hm that’s strange. I’ve experienced quiet the opposite. One of the few reasons to not ditch chrome for firefox is the far superior android experience with chrome. :expressionless: :man_shrugging: well, firefox will improve I guess!

Have you filed the bug? :slight_smile: (also you might want to use ubuntu-bug firefox first)

The bug’s already reported upstream; it’s got no traction. But that’s besides the point.

It’s worth quoting each time you mention it so that people can see exactly what it is :slight_smile:

On first instance, mozilla firefox, but chromium it’s too good!!

I’m surprised Firefox is still #1 with it’s connection with Yahoo and my other understanding with security problems? Not that I have a better browser solution :thinking:

1 Like

Been a user of Firefox for a long time. And it’s been a while before I transferred to Chrome. Over time, chromium became better. Firefox is heavy. Chrome is lighter.

It had become some event for me to check how well Firefox works for me every few months sometimes weeks. I must admit that FF had really become better. Sadly since Google owns my phone’s OS the test always fails at the phone (I like to sync my browsers and Android Chrome is far superior to FF there :frowning: sadly). I wish to someday get rid of all the Google products. Not because they are bad but because you often end up in some bad dependence to Google and then they just trash the project. Or think of Android… If the rumours are true the kernel could be replaced with some Google kernel. How disgusting is that?

Firefox > Opera > Chrome

Firefox Masterbrand Icons44-PM 500

1 Like

Opera browser snap is now available on Ubuntu Software Center and Snap Store Install Opera on Linux | Snap Store :yum: