Thanks for starting this thread. Since we decided that we will stick with Launchpad (bzr or git) for the time being, it is only natural we should have a project group, i.e ubuntu-unity under which all Unity related projects will be listed. For example mozilla is a project group and firefox is a project. Ubuntu mate has similar group like ubuntu-mate. But to register a project-group you need to make a request on launchpad. https://help.launchpad.net/ProjectGroups
@dale-f-beaudoin Can you look into this? I believe we can register a group without Unity being official flavor.
Now for roadmap:
- Create a seed branch for ubuntu-unity under ubuntu-meta (in-progress)
- Push ubuntu-unity-desktop out of ppa and into universe. May be we can do it through sponsorship or revu.
- Once that’s done, we can work on live-cd script which will automatically upload live-cd on cdimage.ubuntu.com (if we gain access) as Martin advised.
- Patch mate-user-share to use nautilus. or fork either gnome-user-share or mate-user-share (in-progress).
- Create a merge request to ship org.gnome.Software.desktop under /usr/share/applications/Unity/org.gnome.Software.desktop ( LP: #1731296)
- Update headerbar-patches for all default gnome-apps for unity (in-progress)
- Evaluate whether we can use mate-software (mate-devs are decoupling it from mate-welcome) instead of gnome-software.