Ubuntu Forums

Ubuntu Forums

The Ubuntu Forums represent many people’s first meeting with Ubuntu. They are an important resource for support and social interactions. The forums were started as an independent project in 2004 and their rapid success was officially recognized when they were designated as the Official Ubuntu Forums.

Get started

• The easiest way you can get started is by asking and answering questions.
  • After you’ve have 10 support posts, you will have the ability to customize your forum profile. More information can be found here.
  • Here’s a list of unanswered questions you can help with: Unanswered questions

Documentation

Getting help

• When you are writing your threads – make sure to include as much pertinent information as possible.
  • The forum is more suited to working through complex issues, we have the time to follow you – even when your issue turns out to be different than you imagined. Not all issues can be solved with a stock answer.

Find help

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Forums support

Hi everyone, im trying to find help but am finding this forum very confusing…for im trying to find a forum where i can simply ask for help in regards to my problem with Ubuntu 16.04.
If anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be great thank you and apologies for writing this here but wow trying to find the right place has been VERY frustrating. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello @jdmtimemachine, you’ve probably found this place a little different because it wasn’t designed as a place to ask technical support questions. If you haven’t already found it, take a look at Finding Help for details of where you can get support for Ubuntu.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply.
I’ve seen questions asked there and people are always directed somewhere else…

I simply want to ask a question…make a post about my problem…

1 Like

I’m not sure where you’ve been directed away from but if you want to use a conventional forum then try https://ubuntuforums.org/. I’ve been a member there for over eight years now. It is definitely a place where you can ask general support questions. The main sections is even labelled Ubuntu official Flavours Support. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply i will go there now many thanks again

I made my first post there many thanks again!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with support links

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problem with support links

A post was split to a new topic: Support Request

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to login to laptop

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to login to laptop