Ubuntu 17.10 and the Cherry Trail Issue

So has anyone else bought a shiny new laptop that has a Intel Cherry Trail Chip and after using Linux for many years, decided to install it on their new laptop only to find out theirs no support for audio.

Well I happened to be one of the few who installed Ubuntu on a Asus E200HA and was so delighted about the aesthetic look of Ubuntu 17.10 but sadly no Audio Fixes even when updating to the latest Linux Kernel.

After using Ubuntu over the years I guess I have to stick with Windows 10 but maybe there is hope that 18.04 Version Ubuntu will have support across the board for Intel Cherry Trail Chips, I hear now that Ubuntu 18.04 will ship with 4.15 so hopefully there will be support for the Cherry Trail Chips.

I’ve moved this to the https://community.ubuntu.com/c/support-help-requests category because this site isn’t designed to take technical support rants. Sorry. I’d recommend using one of the official support channels listed on the Finding Help page for assistance finding a solution to your audio issue.

If you are technically skilled, your assistance to solve the problem would be welcome.
Ubuntu is driven by your fellow volunteers.