Testing Unity Session in 19.04

Are you saying when you lock, it logs out instead?

yes , but not always, screen black after come screen and after login screen.

I am not testing 19.04 with Unity 7 any more. 19.04 is released, so not that interesting. Moved my install to Eoan.

More or less the same I wrote in OP, only this time, I moved quicker, not waiting for eanimal’s name. :slight_smile:

Run
unity-settings-daemon -r --debug , press couple of spaces, keep it running & then try to reproduce & paste the relevant log on pastebin.

Known issue, will be fixed in next cycle.

Have you tried for instance “Ctrl-Alt-F6” and then “Ctrl-Alt-F7”? Sometimes this happens to me but going to a console and coming back to the graphical session gives me control again over the the session.

this is debug log;
https://pastebin.com/Ty7vG37q

I think problem is in lightdm

I havent lost control only crash session when lock screen and sometimes not always

In general doesn’t look like unity’s problem but rather problem with systemd > 240. Similar issues has been reported against systemd.

Not sure, something already using it? Or Ctrl is mapped as wrong modifier key. The default is super+pageup .

10x for your interest.
weard thing it’s only one time one session, after it is all good. :slight_smile:

What do you mean?

I changed it because I’m making my shortcuts similar to the ones I’m using in Plasma

Does anyone experience Unity going to sleep as soon as you unplugged your laptop?

It’s probably this issue Bug #520546 “[SRU]Alt+KEY incorrectly behaves like Ctrl+Alt+KEY,...” : Bugs : console-setup package : Ubuntu

1 Like

My cursor will not work with the gui in unity and just starts dragging windows instead of interacting with them. I’m not sure whats making this happen, anyone know why it might be doing this? And perhaps how to fix it?

Is your mouse button sticking? Physically.

Well the mouse works fine out of unity but when I log into unity it can’t interact with any windows. So if I click on something it will only start dragging the window. The mouse can move and press software and some other things but I can’t say use the settings or Firefox or really anything that’s in the form of a window… I really don’t know why it would be doing this

You should create another user and try the Unity session from there, maybe it is something you tweaked in your user’s session.

Good idea! Okay so yeah it seems to probably be something I did in gnome… Hmm I tried disabling the extensions and playing around with window settings although I can’t find anything that makes a difference in unity.

Thanks. Nemo is working well but I see lots of debug logs with it. It is spamming my journal. if I click a window and then click a desktop I see errors like this

window_menu_model_new: assertion ‘BAMF_IS_APPLICATION(app)’ failed
track_menus: assertion ‘IS_WINDOW_MENU(menus)’ failed

Any idea what’s causing this ?

1 Like

Known issue. Since the split of nautilus-desktop as separate binary bamf doesn’t think desktop_window as a valid app. Same for nemo. Can you file a bug against indicator-appmenu ? It will be fixed in eoan.