Setting permissions for samba shares?

Hey guys, I’m really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I think I’m in the right spot. I could really use a little help. I’m mostly a novice in the Ubuntu world and my understanding of linux in general isn’t that great.

Anyhow, I can’t for the life of me get access to my samba shares from windows. I get the error “you do not have permission to access \192.168.blah.blah. contact your network administrator to request access”

I’m not sure whats wrong, I used chmod 755, 775, 777 on each directory(I tried each one, one at a time), and still can’t access the shares.
I do have 1 share that works, the only thing different is that it’s located in /etc/openhab2/ directory, the ones that don’t work are located in /media/CACHEFLOW/ and /media/SMALLCACHE/ and are external usb hard drives formatted NTFS (it was quite a headache to get them to mount on boot in the first place).

these are my shares in /etc/samba/smb.conf

[OpenHAB]

path = /etc/openhab2
valid users = jharris
read only = no

[Video]
path = /media/CACHEFLOW
valid users = jharris
read only = no

[Audio]
path = /media/SMALLCACHE/Music
valid users = jharris
read only = no

[Backups]
path = /media/SMALLCACHE/Backups
valid users = jharris
read only = no

[Installs]
path = /media/SMALLCACHE/Installs
valid users = jharris
read only = no

I tried adding “create mask = 0644” and “directory mask = 0755” below [global] , to no avail.

Is there somewhere else I need to set the permissions?

I’ve moved this to the https://community.ubuntu.com/c/support-help-requests category because this site isn’t designed to take tech support questions. Sorry. I’d recommend using one of the official support channels listed on the Finding Help page.