My Battle with Cancer

Hi all. It has been a while since I had posted but I have been watching a bit from the hospital bed. I had some serious RSI prpblems and went to see a doctor. I had 7 broken vertbrae but diagnois was myloma, a form of bone cancer where the joints are eating away at each other. I had a tumor on my back that needed radiation treatment and is currently being treated. Thank God I can walk. I have been taking dexomethasone treatment but the chemo may start next week.

I am getting a little weak now but some people have been building a network to help me out. I want to thank @khurshid-alam and all others who are currently maintaining unity 18.04.

24 Likes

@dale-f-beaudoin I wish much strength to you and get well soon!

2 Likes

Dale,
I wish you a real return to health. I wish the myeloma attack would stop growing any further, and stop where it is and minimise its effect on you. I am sending a PM to you. When you have time, please read it.
Chanath

3 Likes

Hi Dale,
I’m deeply shaken by all of this, couldn’t imagine. But you are strong, don’t tire yourself and get well soon! Keep us informed.

2 Likes

All the best Dale.

Look after yourself first and foremost.

All the best, Ventrical has uncountable followers in this community.

Sad to hear this, wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.

I hope see here soon
I believe you speedy recovery
I fan you work.

Hope you get better soon. Spend your time getting well again.

Take care and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Put your time and energy into getting well. Other stuff can wait.

Best wishes for your recovery.

Dale, what can we do for you?
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for all you have done on these forums/communities.

Hi Dale,

Best wishes for your recovery, I hope you’ll be back in good health very soon.
Michel

I couldn’t imagine this. It was nothing less than a shock. Our prayers and wishes are with you. Please take care. (Sending a PM)

So very sorry to hear this!!!

I sent you a PM as well. Many Blessings to you and a speedy recovery!

Get well soon, I wish the best for you.

Good luck mate, get well soon.

Dale, I wish you the best treatment possible and long-lasting health. That you can walk again is a good sign, and modern treatments are getting better at a cure. My thanks and prayers are with you!

God will heal you :pray:

Hi Everyone,

I am in my last week of chemo. :slight_smile: It has been a rough road for sure. The chemo is working. Thank you God. Thank you Dr. Gupta at Windsor Regional Hospital Center Cancer Clinic . There is still some bad RSI which prevents me from typing fluently at the keyboard. but I am working on it. @cariboo Thanks for watching over devel testing for me.

Congrads to BB team for an awesome job on FOSS desktop!

ventrical

16 Likes