Hacktoberfest

Hacktoberfest is an event that happens every year in October, to help people getting started to contribute with free software projects.

Nice people from all around the world, from many different projects, already started mentoring this year. I think this is a great opportunity for newcomers. And if you complete 4 pull requests in github, they will send you a very nice t-shirt!

In Ubuntu we have many projects hosted in github that can join the event. I work in snapcraft, which is perfect for newcomers: written in python, not super complex, with many bugs tagged as bitesize, and with a small team of very welcoming developers.

If somebody wants to play, I am happy to give you a hand to get started in snapcraft, and guide you to propose the 4 pull requests during this month. And I encourage other developers of free software projects to join as mentors, the experience is great.

7 Likes

Great idea! I would also be happy to mentor new Snapcraft contributors.

1 Like

I’m in, too! Let’s see if we can get some of those t-shirts to some new Snapcraft contributors :smiley:

1 Like

We’re also participating in Hacktoberfest over in the Nextcloud snap project.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted :smiley:

3 Likes

@c-lobrano I’ve seen you producing some good work! How many do you have? I think it’s three from the looks of it, can we help you get a fourth?

1 Like

Hey @kyrofa, thank you!
I just completed the Hacktoberfest this morning :smiley:, but I’d be glad to take some more things to do, on GitHub or somewhere else.

2 Likes

Here’s an upstream wanting someone participating in the Hacktoberfest to snap their app!

1 Like

Congratulations! There are always bitesize bugs on Snapcraft, and once Hacktoberfest is over I’ll convert that tag on the Nextcloud snap to “help wanted” or “good first issue”. However, you should take a moment to give yourself a pat on the back.

1 Like