Call For Testing: Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Daily ISOs & Beta (when released)

Hi Everyone!

Rumors of Ubuntu Studio’s death as an official flavor have been greatly exaggerated. That said, we could use a ton of help testing our Daily ISOs, and our soon to be released Beta. You can find the ISOs here:

Our ISO testing wiki can be found here:

Please report any issues via the instructions on the Wiki.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Erich
Ubuntu Studio Team

3 Likes

I doubt if anyone has time to wade through that wiki page in time … I know you know that this is really really late - I just finished reading the mails.

I’d point people at Ubuntu Studio DVD amd64 testcases in Bionic Beta 2 (archived) | Ubuntu QA for 64 bit
and Ubuntu Studio DVD i386 testcases in Bionic Beta 2 (archived) | Ubuntu QA for 32 bit.

I’d let them know that the testcases needed are listed on both of those as required.

I’d also let them know that the iso tracker is the place to report results as that’s where the likes of the Canonical Release Team will look first :wink:

1 Like

I doubt if anyone has time to wade through that wiki page in time … I know you know that this is really really late - I just finished reading the mails.

Yes, but that’s the only resource I have at the moment. Popey is the one who suggested I post this in the first place.

I realize that it’s a little late for the Daily ISOs, but the beta will be out soon. We’re very low in numbers and I’ve been trying to generate interest in the flavor again, and we’re picking-up speed. There was a stall a number of months ago that I only found out about two weeks ago which is why I’m here; to get the ball rolling again.

Thanks for the help and pointing in the right direction. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi - yea I know all of those things (Xubuntu QA Lead)

It’s no t late for Dailies - it is really late for the Beta :stuck_out_tongue:

I know a fair bit about how many of you there are - I helped Ross get testing set up more logically a couple of cycles back.

Just grabbing an iso so I can at least do a install smoketest and live boot on hardware for you.

2 Likes

I am totally new to this OS. I recently found an old ISO of 13.10 installed it and even started using it over MS Windows.
I am very much looking forward to getting back into multitrack recording.
The software and instruments included in Studio 18 seems like it must be equivalent to 10,000 dollars worth compared to what is available was going on back a few years ago for Win and Mac.
I would like to give y’all a high 10.
That’s what I call the high fives since I say if you throw up 5 and I match with 5 more.
That’s 10.
Amen.