Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

sorry for the spam but i need to thank all of you guys who work on this! it’s really beautiful!

9 Likes

Just curious; whats the current thinking with the white shell pop ups and the black dock when maximized? Is this staying or still being discussed?

1 Like

Black dock is very likely to stay, since from the beginning we wanted it to be the same as the top panel

3 Likes

The show application icon is out of focus in the maximum size of the dock.

1 Like

Not sure I understand what you mean…:thinking:

1 Like

if you are talking about the icons overlapping then it’s normal behaviour

1 Like

The dock icon becomes inlegible when it is at maximum size.

1 Like

@mozit, @lucastracq

I think @initu-icr is saying that, if you increase the size of the icons to the maximum 64px, the Circle of Friends logo at the bottom of the dock becomes visibly blurry (because it’s been scaled above its original size).

It does look a bit blurry to me in the latest screenshot, although you have to click/zoom to see.

3 Likes

Exactly! sorry about my English.

3 Likes

I did a test with the icon with the size of 96x96 pixel and it was perfect, taking advantage of the post I give a suggestion of the top bar in black color.

1 Like

Communitheme become more gorgeous after the update. I hope to a new look for Libre Office and Software & Update icons in future. Congratulations for designers and all participants.

3 Likes

I’m using kernel 4.17.0-041700-generic x86_64 in Ubuntu 18.04.
With this kernel Calculator and System monitor behave as intended without transparency.
At least on my system.

1 Like

Bring back the Orange Ubuntu!!
enough of this Purple :smile:

Happy that it is working for you now, but transparent GUI is not due to kernel

Thanks @initu-icr, but there would be too many colors. Dock and Top panel will have the same color and transparency, unless unexpected evolutions

The Communitheme team is happy to announce a new stable release!

This week brings one of the major updates since a lot of time:

• A new sidebar/mainview color set, hope you like it as we do
  • A back to the future change for text selection
  • A subtle restyle for (disabled) switch
  • A unified style for radio and check buttons
  • No more dashed line when scrolling (e.g. in Nautilus), but a nice shadow (easier to see than to write)
  • Beautified emoji-picker popover style, thanks to a new contributor :wink:

And probably the minor number of bugs than ever :smiley:

Moreover a little bonus for Firefox users.
Thanks to Firefox Test pilot, I “developed” (it was too easy) a Communitheme inspired Firefox theme. Please, consider that this is not part of Communitheme in any way, it is just a toy I had fun to do.

9 Likes

Is there any intention to give new name for Communitheme ?

I’m sorry if this question is unnecessary.

1 Like

Ha nice you fixed that corner bleed with CSD!

Wonder why “they” don’t do this? :smiley:
If we are talking about third party app themes, here is a telegram desktop theme I “made”:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EiM2sfn9lrmWveeR-NZ2ssAA5py7OV0B/view?usp=drivesdk

@arun.sebastian we already have a new name ;D Things will show up soon :bat: Just wait a little bit more

4 Likes

Awesome work overall! - Kudos to you all! :clap:

2 things I’m not so happy about to say the least:

• The light blue selected was a better choice imo .So, please, can we go back to the past with it :wink:

• The leveled buttons - I h**e it! :cry:

Nice touch with the firefox theme @c-lobrano:fire: :fox_face:

1 Like

Yes :wink:

I absolutely agree! I really dislike that color, but full orange (#95420) is too much and blue is inconsistent so it’s a compromise. Please read the issue thread posted somewhere above for more info.

4 Likes