Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

Yes, the snap version will be available soon

4 Likes

A dark theme is planned ?

Not yet, sorry. Even if this theme is pretty dark as well

1 Like

Well there is a dark variant - as in you can set GNOME Terminal, Photos, etc, to use the dark version. But there is not explicit ā€˜Communitheme-darkā€™ to set all apps to dark.

2 Likes

So itā€™s probably better to keep them all the same ROUND with the close button in orange like in the current default theme, i donā€™t find any problem with the current round buttons.

1 Like

To me, it feels like this is a right kind of an exception from the rule. Even more, it arguably gives Communitheme a unique look and immediate recognition, when you just browse through the screenshots of different themes, you spot those buttons right away) Also, itā€™s pretty convinient.

7 Likes

Then get the exception?

3 Likes

Is the transparency coming back? Maybe at least for menus it could be subtle enough to fit to the clean style of the communitheme.

I think the background color of the full-screen menu folders should be dark instead of light.
Then I do not know if itā€™s just my problem, but gnome system monitor opens with adwaita theme.
However, I like the theme a lot. Ubuntu really needs freshening up :slight_smile:

Best theme ever at the moment :wink:

Can you check whether itā€™s installed as a snap package?

Yes, gnome-system-monitor is installed as snap. By checking better, all snap applications Iā€™ve installed open with adwaita theme. With ā€œambianceā€ this doesnā€™t happen :open_mouth:

1 Like

This problem is to be investigated, but I hope itā€™ll be fixed when Communitheme will be released as snap as well

2 Likes

To be investigated from my side :smiley: I know that the problem is well known, but I donā€™t know which is exactly :smiley:

The way proposed ideas is handled on github is really not correct.

As I understand it with the current implementation, you need to ship themes with the snap, so it makes perfect sense that the Community Theme (we should come up with a better name) defaults to Adwaita.

1 Like

What do you mean? Github works excellent as a bug tracker. I believe ideas are better discussed here and can then afterwards be opened as an issue on Github.

I am torn about the use of Github actually, so I let things go their way, but if there are complains I think itā€™s better to write something.

I like Github because it helps keeping threads separated, so every topic has is own space and peopleā€™s proposals are not forgotten in the history of an extremely long forum thread.

That said, Github has an issue tracker, not a proposal one. It can be used as it is and I donā€™t want to discourage it, but if your proposal gets rejected, and the ticket closed, it disappears from the view, so please consider to propose and promote your ideas on the forum first.

On Github lets try to be less brusque, opened tickets do not harm anyone, on the other side do not take it personally if your ticket gets closed for a valid reason . Anyone here is spending his/her free time on this project, so assume anyone is moved by the best intentions. Also, it should be always possible to keep writing on a closed ticket.

2 Likes

The solid top bar is back? NICE! Thanks designers!
Together with the new wallpaper, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is already looking sweeter than ever!

2 Likes

Is it a bug? If not, I will repeat we shouldnā€™t go against upstreamā€™s desire of transparent top panel. If you disagree with this, you should report a bug against upstreamā€™s adwaita to convince the whole ecosystem to not diverge :wink:

4 Likes