Bionic daily is out!

Bionic daily is out!

Thanks, jbicha for the correction.

3 Likes

Nice.
The following is somewhat confusing though.

Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the i386 images instead.

There are no (more) i386 images as far as I know.

Can we still do a distro upgrade to 18.04 ?

Yes you can upgrade to 18.04. For the moment, the easiest way is to update the name of the distro in /etc/apt/sources.list and replace artful by bionic then upgrade with:

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

This is a development release and despite all the care that is taken to keep it working every day, it may break and you must feel comfortable with fixing your system if it happens before upgrading.

Thanks for your help testing 18.04 and please report back any problem you may find with the release.

2 Likes

You’re right, i386 builds have been stopped in 17.10. Thanks for pointing this out!

I reported bug 1731122 on Launchpad.

2 Likes

Why is this not working?

$ do-release-upgrade -d
Checking for a new Ubuntu release
Err Upgrade tool signature                                                                                                                                            
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.161 80]                                                                                                                               
Err Upgrade tool                                                                                                                                                      
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.161 80]                                                                                                                               
Fetched 0 B in 0s (0 B/s)                                                                                                                                             
WARNING:root:file 'bionic.tar.gz.gpg' missing
Failed to fetch
Fetching the upgrade failed. There may be a network problem. 

Because the new version of ubuntu-release-upgrader enabling bionic is blocked in proposed.

1 Like