Ambiance GNOME theme bugbears and what can be done about them

Hello everyone,

awesome work on ambiance so far. Where should I report “minor issues”? :slight_smile:

The progress bar in geary bleeds out of the left and right borders:

1 Like

I just noticed that the window title bar is huge in Radiance than in Ambiance. Wasn’t the case before. All I did was install the communitheme snap, and when I was switching around themes that’s when I noticed it.

The huge title bar look much better when you use that fonts size. In the communittheme the fonts should be smaller, imho.

Yeah I am liking it now that I have used for a couple of days. I wonder if Ambiance will get the same treatment?

1 Like

Icon bug in terminal menu.

I am not seeing that. Have you done any modifications?

Disable the application menu by Gnome-tweak in the top bar option.

Not having that problem might have been fixed with an update? But it seems like Radiance is back to the same title

bar size as Ambiance is. Too bad I was liking the big title bars, I had gotten used to it.

1 Like

@mohan-ram, It look like you use a different font size.

I have not changed anything it is all defaults. I can reset my conif and see if that changes anything.

I’m still using 17.10 so I can’t test it… :no_mouth:

I did not realize that I had to restart the session after the change in gnome-tweak, after the reboot the terminal menu icon was right :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Terminal icon-over-buttons bug has been reopened today:

If you have other theme issues then the best place to start is by searching here:

1 Like

This bug disappeared after I installed a gnome-vanilla session, after that I removed a gnome-vanilla session for the test and the bug did not appear anymore, I think in the session ubuntu had some anomaly of a gnome-vanilla dependency.

1 Like

Will Qt application use light themes (Ambiance and Radiance)? Or will they look out of place?

Chrome / Chrome Browser Title Bar Button Bug

@initu-icr https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-themes/

With the update to 18.10 the Ambiance GNOME SHELL theme (not GTK) is lost from the packages. Is there a way to get it back?

The package light-themes provides only the GTK themes.

Not really, apart from copying it back the old css, updating to new GNOME Shell requirements (some changes in the css require).

If someone steps up to maintain this in ubuntu, it would be awesome for people who liked the previous theme.

1. Can you point to me where can I find the sources for the Radiance shell theme?
  2. Which bionic package contain the shell theme compiled css files? Is it https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/all/gnome-shell-common/filelist

I may try to hack up something.