Ubuntu LoCo Council Election Results

Dear Ubuntu Community,

I am happy to report that the five vacant seats on the LoCo Council have been, at long last, filled. Your new council members are as follows:

1. Nathan Haines (incumbent) (@nhaines)
  2. Carla Sella (@carla-sella)
  3. Kyle Fazzari (@kyrofa)
  4. Ken VanDine (@kenvandine)
  5. Gustavo Silva (@gsilvapt)

A big congratulation to them!

The local community project is an international effort which strives to evangelize and support the Ubuntu project around the world. The LoCo Council acts on the delegation of the Community Council to support this worldwide movement. Most notably they have been involved in reviewing verification requests.

The Community Council will be working closely with the LoCo Council in the upcoming months to give new value to both the LoCo project and the LoCo Council itself, so exciting times are ahead!

6 Likes

Hey @carla-sella and @gsilvapt please pop on IRC for info on getting on the IRC channel. I also left you some messages re: the mailing list.

Congrats to you and to @kenvandine and @kyrofa and the long-lasting @nhaines. I’m sure you’ll make us proud! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations to all new elected members.
I hope they will be working closely with Local Communities and thriving the Ubuntu Community worldwide.
Best of wishes.

Congratulations to the new council!

@nhaines @carla-sella @kyrofa @kenvandine @gsilvapt, we have an Ubuntu Hour this Friday, it would be great if you could join us.

1 Like

If you want I can join.

Of course we want! I’ve updated the list of participants, see you there :slight_smile:

Thank you all!

I am not sure if I will be able to attend the meeting. I usually have practise at that time and I already skipped today :disappointed_relieved:

I (as an ‘older’ LoCo Council member) can join too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome too @svij, sorry for not having mentioned it explicitly.
@gsilvapt next one? :slight_smile:

You can bet! In fact, I may have something to discuss with you about online meetings we are trying to organise in my LoCo. But I’ll move this elsewhere :slight_smile: