Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

It can be the Ubuntu key and still being super :wink:

2 Likes

How can this even happen? How can the window be higher than my monitor resolution? :open_mouth:
Does this starts at certain lower resolution than 1920x1080?

Once again I simply can’t reproduce this. Every time I drag the window to the top panel it tries to maximize until I stop pressing the mouse key.

The answer is in the previous quote: 1366x768 :slight_smile: and some transient dialogs can be higher than 800px

1 Like

Alright. Sorry for the slowness! I bet we’ll find a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe this is Nautilus 3.26 specific. :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry for the stupid question, but is there an easy way to test the latest Gnome? Is there a daily build with all the new and shiny stuff without having to build everything?

There should be soon Nautilus 3.28 in the gnome staging ppa but it’s not there yet.

We could test it on 18.10 daily:

if the gnome stack is already updated there which I don’t know :smile:

Well, you can already test 3.28, just use bionic :wink: (apart from Nautilus, as you are aware ;)). I was expecting to see it in the GNOME 3 staging ppa, but it’s not: GNOME3 Staging : “GNOME3 Team” team

So, unfortunately, “no”, no easy way for you right now, sorry :confused:

1 Like

Hello I’d just like to report a tiny bug with the new firefox 60 with CSD enabled. In this capture the communitheme is the default theme.
As you can we can notice a separation line, grey and black right in the middle of the tabs opened in Firefox. The black color doesn’t reach the address bar! a few pixels are missing IMHO. I don’t if that bug is linked to the communitheme or to the firefox dev teams ? Thought I prefer to report it.

I’ve seen something similar on 16.04 (my work pc :frowning: ) with a different theme. Could you tell me if it is reproducible with Ambiance?
BTW, this doesn’t look like something the theme can fix

It maybe Nautilus 3.26 specific… One thing for sure - It’s not communitheme or snap. to blame. I checked all themes and sessions. all behaved the same.

On the screenshots above I included ambiance and radiance. I can’t reproduce it in Ubuntu 16.04.
I tend to think it’s an upstream issue.

1 Like

In my case, it happened when I unmaximize the window

I think I made a mistake …thinking you’re answering me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
In firefox it is indeed a change when using no title-bar and Unmaximizing the window.

1 Like

No prob :slight_smile:
Anyway, right, I think the problem is Firefox

1 Like

New stable release of communitheme is ready!

• Folders will be less distracting when Nautilus is not on focus :slight_smile:
  • Added style for Nemo file explorer
  • GNOME Terminal as improved a little again
  • more bugs have been fixed

Moreover, you’re going to see again fully opaque top panel and dock when a window is maximized. We discussed a lot this decision. We liked the transparency as many of you do, but it is needed to fix a weird problem of overlay.

However we are working hard to try to bring back the transparency we had before, so hopefully this is not the end :sunny:

4 Likes

I think this is the first kind of “official” announcement (although it’s a belief mention) :grinning:

4 Likes

ToolTips in Terminal tabs - are they needed? (my answer is no!).
What do you think?

I’d say no as well, but it’s not due to the theme :slight_smile:

Oh… so where do they live? :smiley: