Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

I agree with you. why not using Adwaita instead of Aged Ambiance!

My suggestion would be to use only the suru folder icons and the rest of the Humanity icons, for example has ubuntu-mate that changed only the folder icons and kept the rest of the icons.

No one is interested in Papirus icon theme ?

1 Like

It would be a good idea too!

Today gnome-terminal 2.27.90 hit Bionic. Sadly the issues with the scrollbar remained. Is that a theme bug or a gnome-terminal bug? What makes the terminal different?

This is not an issue with Ambiance, but it seems to be an issue with the Ubuntu GNOME session and Adwaita.

@jasonflindt wrote:
New thread has been created Called “boot animation”.

Where? Which one? Thanks for the link?

Do you mean this one: Boot Animation - Desktop - Ubuntu Community Hub ?

1 Like

Its under Desktop-Boot Animation.
Your link is correct .

Not a big fan of the Terminal background reverting to dark purple in the latest update everyone. I very much prefer the olive green … :-/

2 Likes

BIG fan of purple. Especially Steve Morse ;).

Terminal users do tend to know how to change appearance to their liking. Purple standard configuration adds to the whole corporate Ubuntu experience. So, yes, purple is brand.

I too like the purple. But I don’t like the fact that only the active terminal window is purple, the others black. Causes too much flashing when switching between terminals (or between terminal and any other app).

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this, so I don’t know how to look at it :frowning:

That thread is not new. It’s several months old.

See: https://github.com/Ubuntu/gtk-communitheme/issues/29

O ícone da apresentação de aplicativos não é o tamanho do acordo com o dock.

I understand that Google translate is very good, but do you mind to write in english, please?

By the way, I’ll report this as a bug

2 Likes

Sorry for my English, thanks for your attention.

Hey guys, what about these gtk3. Does anyone like round corners and colours in these theme? Found it here, looks very “Ubuntu” )

Found it here https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1215199/

Hi, I noticed the hubbub about the default gnome-terminal theme, and while I like the purple I also like the lower chromatic contrast approach of Solarized, which for example made for a usable default vim or nano experience. This afternoon I did some color experiments with respect to using Aubergine (and a suitable complement, Noon blue) and tweaking the Solarized highlight palette to suit.

I’d like some feedback from you (and @madsrh, @galgalesh, @clobrano, etc) if you’re interested. I don’t know the first thing about gconf editing, but it’s not beyond me to learn if a working demo is required. I also feel like there’s got to be some room for refinement or improvement on the highlight colors (re: increasing distinctness, especailly on the light background).

Here’s the palette:

GIMP Palette
Name: Ubuntu Solarized
#
 52   0  28 Base - Aubergine
 72  35  52 Base 00
122 102 111 Base 0
136 117 124 Base 1
154 145 151 Base 2
164 159 165 Base 3
191 221 222 Base - Noon
221 253 253 Base - Light Noon
 96 165  41 Green
220 163  45 Yellow
246  82  32 Orange
228  16  27 Red
228  43 136 Magenta
128  99 193 Violet
  0 138 203 Blue
  0 170 159 Cyan

Here’s a link to my working file (~200kb): https://blog.andrewkeech.com/images/ubuntu-solarized.xcf <- needs gimp 2.10 or so for the float and LCH support.

1 Like

Just tagging @c-lobrano and @merlijn-sebrechts that opened that discussion and talked about a problem for color-blind people having issues with the current pallet.

1 Like

Bildschirmfoto von »2018-03-01 18-24-15«

Yes, one update today fixed gnome-terminal. The scrollbar background is still dark (when it should be grey like in other apps), but it looks really acceptable now. Thank you for fixing that.

(Remember that I am using a custom, bright gnome-terminal theme. I am not a big fan of the aubergine)

What bugs me in OpenOffice is the bright close button. It happened in Artful with Ambience and remained in Bionic (and the brand new LibreOffice 6). Is that a LibreOffice issue or can that be fixed within CommuniTheme? Or is that intended ny upstream?
Bildschirmfoto von »2018-03-01 19-04-43«

2 Likes

I’ve been updating Communitheme and trying it every day.

The header with drop shadow looks better than it did :slight_smile:

Also, I much much much prefer the new boundary between the Gnome header and the maximised window. I never liked the light grey hairline; this is a big improvement. Is it possible (desirable?) to apply the same decoration to the menu headings? I would prefer some consistency here, perhaps as follows:

Also, I notice that the grey strip at the top of windows now has a subtle darker outline when non-maximised. On balance, I think I like it :slight_smile: but I wonder if elements on the bar now look a bit too “flat” in contrast. Is it possible/desirable to give them subtle outlines, too? I tried adding them to the “Home” button and “x” below:

jaggers #2 cropped

1 Like