Call for participation: an ubuntu default theme lead by the community?

There is a step here still under the activities text and

!
There still this gap at the top.
This is only an issue in the Ubuntu-Community-theme login. It is perfect under the ubuntu login .

Capture du 2018-02-03 14-31-26Capture du 2018-02-03 14-31-00.
Is it possible to switch to this Ubuntu logo (right picture instead of the actual one (left picture) ?
On the right image the Ubuntu logo is circled with orange with a white background which gives a more intuitive and visible logo. The users would click more easily on that type logo. We can’t get mixed up, no?

1 Like

We can replace this logo icon. But in my opinion it’s not good idea, because it’s look bad. Icon from left picture looks neatly bicause this icon it’s not big, and not small.

3 Likes

Agreed! Besides the former fits in with the default theme better.

2 Likes

This isn’t really a theme issue but i was thinking that with icons being placed on the desktop on the left and having the Ubuntu dock on the left hand side it can get very busy and visually cluttered. I was wondering if moving the icons by default to the right might be more aesthetically pleasing .

1 Like

As for the cursor theme, are we moving to Ubuntu Orange from the current blue icons in Github ?

For now, the cursor theme is just a suggestion and not part of the community theme until it receives the “blessing” from the other team members.

I don’t think so :thinking: What left you with that impression? Is there something that I’ve missed…

1 Like

Since most elements are using Ubuntu Orange, I thought that will be adopted to cursor theme as well

What is this icon in the top left corner of Nautilus?

I don’t have it in my version.
Sorry for the silly question, but I am trying to figure out what differences can lead to this issue

@madsrh I was hoping to see a gnomish orb like this for the cursor theme

first off i thought you were talking about the chrome icon lol . I’m on ubuntu 17.10 and gnome 3.26.2 and its on settings, files, terminal, software, cheese and probably more apps. I dont know what its called. I reinstalled from 18.04 but the issue was still there when i left 18.04.

Its in tweak tool "attach Modal Dialogs . I turn it of and logged out . No change.
I just checked adwaita theme and its fine no issue but adwaita dark there is a line from top to bottom.

Would the header bar on adwaita be slightly wider ?
I have figured out that the step is part of the dock . On auto hide i can see it slide in and out with the dock.

@c-lobrano do you know if there’s an issue for this button?

screenshot

I dont like them either . They are not very clear. On mine its only in software.

Yes, this one
I’m implementing @luxamman’s design though, I guess this will be fixed in the process

2 Likes

I have gnome 3.26.1 and modal dialog on, but no icon :smiley:. However I don’t think this is the reason of the issue
The dock transparency though looks a lot more than mine, with both maximized and unmaximized window.

IMHO, the icon is probably due to an extension that @jasonflindt installing removing the top panel appmenu and putting it in the application headerbar.

Its not . Its an option in tweak tool and the only extension I have is force quite .

You have to turn off app menus and turn on modal dialogs logout and login again . The only extension I have installed is force quite.

1 Like

What do you think about the Breeze cursor? You can find it in Chamrander theme for Ubuntu: https://github.com/btd1337/Stupendously-Hot-Charmander

For me it’s look very nice. It fits into communitheme. I using it on my Ubuntu 17.10.

Its not bad . In plasma 5 it’s very flat and match’s well with a flat theme unfortunately I don’t think the community theme is flat enough to pull it of . I use the Adwaita pointer theme and if the spinner was changed to something else I believe it would be enough of a change .