Black Screen When Installing

Hi there, I’m new to Linux, and I’d really like to explore with it, however I’m having a lot of issues with it. I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 i5-7200U, and I used Rufus to put the Ubuntu ISO on a Sandisk flash drive, I am greeted with “Try Ubuntu without installing, Install Ubuntu, OEM install for manufacturers, and check disk for issues” whenever I choose to install it goes to a black screen, the computer is still on, because the screen is still backlit, but it just displays nothing at all. I would appreciate if you could help a new Linux user, thank you!

Hi! Welcome!

This is not a place to ask for support. I’m sorry to say it but you have to ask your question in another mean.

I advise you reading this post, as it explains where you can find support from the community: https://community.ubuntu.com/t/supporting-users/20

On a side note, it seems your live USB has some issue and I would start with re-writing the image in the USB device. If that does not solve your issue, then move to a different platform and/or google your issue which others may have ran into.

Best regards,
Gustavo